PRENATAL PILATES CLASSES North Sydney
Prenatal pilates classes North Sydney at Corepower Pilates is a workout for the whole 9 months and beyond into postnatal after giving birth.
What to expect during the prenatal pilates class North Sydney?
- The classes are a maximum of 6 people using tower pilates equipment. Everyone is prenatal or postnatal. It is a 45 minute class.
- First 5-10 minutes of the prenatal pilates class is focused on breathing techniques, strengthening of the deepest core muscles and the pelvic floor muscles. We teach you special breathing techniques tightening the Transversus Abdominis muscles and kegels to learn how to strengthen to hold the baby and relax the pelvic floor to prepare for labour. These techniques are encouraged to practice at home supplementary to the prenatal pilates classes North Sydney.
- 25-30 minutes of the class is focus on an overall body workout. We focus on upper body strength, legs, especially the glutes, posture and balance.
- 5-10 minutes of the class is usually everyone’s favourite: stretching! Yummy stretches which release those tight muscles from body changes during pregnancy.
What are the benefits of prenatal pilates classes North Sydney?
- Many changes occur to the body during pregnancy. Weight changes, hormonal changes and not to mention change in body posture and strain in certain parts of the body.
- Pregnant women complain of lower back pain, pelvic pain, shoulder pain. Connective tissue loosens due to hormonal changes in the body causing abdominal separation. Read more.
- Prenatal pilates classes help to SAFELY strengthen abdominal muscles and prepare your body for labour. Our special breathing techniques and Kegel pelvic floor exercises are a great preparation for labour.
- Our clients’ obstetricians in the North Shore area have praised our clients for their ability control their pelvic floor muscles, have no tearing and remain calm with breathing techniques.
- The prenatal pilates classes also help for postnatal clients to bounce back and regain strength after giving birth.