Doing pilates safely during COVID19
Corepower Pilates studio located in North Sydney are taking precautions for clients to exercise safely and to stay COVID safe. We take clients health very seriously and the following steps will be adopted once North Sydney Pilates studio reopens.
Booking online and in pilates studio
- Online booking system. Clients enter and go straight to equipment. Equipment is spaced at least 1.5m apart and adheres to 4sqm rule for one person. Maximum of 5 people to a group class and 1 instructor.
- On entering the pilates studio North Sydney, ask the client to immediately wash their hands or apply hand sanitiser. Clients also use hand sanitizer at end of class with hand sanitizer.
- Pre-screen all clients prior to their appointment regarding recent overseas travel history, respiratory symptoms and exposure to confirmed COVID-19 cases. If a client answers YES to any of these questions, postpone for at least two weeks and recommend COVID19 test.
- Name and contact details of all visitors to the pilates studio North Sydney is always collected and this helps to facilitate contact in the event of an infection.
- Place hand sanitiser prominently at the entrance and one every equipment cleaning station.
- Non contact thermometer temperature check as extra precaution of all clients and staff.
- Remove magazines, brochures and other potential sources of contamination from the waiting areas.
- Wipe down all hard surfaces at regular intervals using disinfectant wipes. (High contact surfaces like door handles). Regular cleaning of change rooms.
- Maintain recommended social distancing and minimise physical contact. No adjustments unless for safety reasons.
- Advise clients at the end of their visit to contact the studio immediately if they or their family members or close contact develop COVID-19.
Disinfection of pilates equipment
- Each client will use one piece of equipment (reformer, tower) during a group class. Clients will be given their own handles to purchase so there is no sharing. Disinfectant station will be at every equipment. Clients will wipe down all surfaces they have touched after the class. Staff will double clean after client to make sure each equipment has been cleaned and disinfected with 70% alcohol.
- Each client will bring their own clean towel for use if required.
- Increased spacing between classes so there is sufficient time for cleaning and disinfection.
- All staff at Corepower Pilates will remain at home if they have a fever, any symptoms of a respiratory tract infection or COVID-19.
- All staff will wash their hands on arrival at the studio and regularly throughout the day.
- Staff have completed COVID-19 infection control online training module available from Australian Government Department of Health.